Re: "obsolete" hardware

linux kernel account (linker@nightshade.ml.org)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 18:17:52 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 12 Jun 1997, Mike Jagdis wrote:

> Just because *your* software won't run on a 386 is no reason to
> want someone else's software to not run on a 386. That is just pure
> lunacy!

[This is my last post in this thread: Yuri has apoligised and I consider
it over]

It's not lunacy!!! It's good bussiness sence! If you are unable to
produce software that can run well on minimal software then you try to
make everyone elses stuff require big iron.. That makes the competition
noncopetive.. If you are REAL good then you make sure your features that
make everyone bloted work extra well on your compeators.. If you do this
enough the market will believe 'Thats the way it is..' and they will
accept it.. The hardware manufactures will LOVE you and make sure to
bundle whatever device you produce that bloats apps so that everyone is
slowed down and must buy BETTER hardware.. Dont believe me? Look at
Microsoft's stock: Up, Up, Up..... and their market penetration grows
every day.. Smart company.. It takes alot of brains to get the best out of
shabby development..