Re: do the resource limits still work?

Dean Gaudet (dgaudet-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Thu, 12 Jun 1997 00:05:47 -0700 (PDT)

Is this considered a bug at all? If it's not going to honour RLIMIT_DATA
or RLIMIT_STACK then it shouldn't even offer them. I just ran into this
problem while making a workaround for the recently posted DoS attacks on
qmail.

I notice that applying Greg Alexander's patch from May 18th fixes
RLIMIT_DATA. See <http://www.linuxhq.com/patch/2x-p0498.html>.

Dean