Re: ifos9660 in 2.0.30

Keith Rohrer (kwrohrer@uiuc.edu)
Wed, 21 May 1997 07:25:58 -0500 (CDT)

> > It is working here with 2.0.30 and with any other previous release. For
> > sure I am running kerneld which load it on demand.
I've had that particular demand-loading fail on me, but I think it was
due to too many things being asked of kerneld by the same mount request,
and a race condition somewhere.

My current, possibly similar problem, with kerneld and 2.1.29, is that
with FAT and MS-DOS-fs as modules, I can't mount my /dos partition on
bootup (doesn't like the fs type msdos); even repeating the mount call
right after the kerneld invocation doesn't help, but by the time I
get a prompt, there's no problem.

This could be something with sysvinit (2.64 and maybe 2.69 as well) and/or
kerneld backgrounding itself before it finishes its installation) though.

Keith