Re: What do you think of STREAMS?

Yoav Cohen-Sivan (yoavcs@netvision.net.il)
Tue, 13 May 1997 22:38:19 +0300

Jason Flynn wrote:

> On Tue, 13 May 1997, Yoav Cohen-Sivan wrote:
>
> > Now that there is a GPL'ed STREAMS package available (albeit for 2.0.29)
>
> I haven't found it yet. Any clues where, please ?

ftp://ftp.gcom.com/pub/linux/src/streams-4-25-97/

(This is from memory - if it doesn't work then go to ftp.gcom.com, which
I am certain of, and start searching... they only have 4-5 directories).

> > why should Linux be deprived of such a nice framework?
>
> I don't know about 'nice' but if it helps move people (me) to
> migrate from othe OSs without major rewrites then I'm for it :-)

That was what I was thinking of all along. With the option of not even
compiling extraneous features, or at worst compiling them as modules and
only using them when one must, Linux should be stuffed with a severe
case of featuritis... (yes, including GGI).

Yoav