Re: "Text file busy" when appending in 2.0.27

Thomas Koenig (ig25@mvmap66.ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de)
Tue, 6 May 1997 20:41:20 +0200 (MET DST)

I wrote:

[...]

>Looks like there's something seriously strange with the 2.0.27 NFS
>client code, unless the NFS server itself is broken (Olaf?).

I just saw something else: In the directory, there were a few
files with strange names left:

$ ls -a
. .nfs555745361 a.out foo res
.. .nfs555745363 des-sim.c nohup.out

After I did an 'rm .nfs*', things worked as expected.

So, somthing seems wrong in the state of Denm^H^H^H^H^HNFS and
O_APPEND, or in the reaction of the NFS file code to such things,
at least in 2.0.27. This may have been fixed already, of course.

--
Thomas Koenig, Thomas.Koenig@ciw.uni-karlsruhe.de, ig25@dkauni2.bitnet.
The joy of engineering is to find a straight line on a double