Re: kernel 2.0.30

Dr. Werner Fink (werner@suse.de)
Thu, 1 May 1997 16:12:20 +0200

> Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 20:18:52 -0400
> From: Andrew Purtell <apurtell@ieinc.com>
>
> Exactly what changes were made to the MM between 2.0.29 and 2.0.30?
> The problem (and solution) may lie there. Now that I'm thinking
> about it, I may try to back out changes in mm/, kernel/ and
> arch/i386/ with a clean 2.0.30 tomorrow. We could really use the
> networking fixes/ enhancements (SYN cookies come to mind...).
>
> No, it is the changes to fs/buffer.c, I am sure of it at this point.

Hmm ... I'm don't think so ... maybe the problem is triggered by the
changes in fs/buffer.c but these changes are not the cause for the problem.

We heave at S.u.S.E. some support mails and support phone calls for 2.0.25
and 2.0.29 with the same problems now often found in 2.0.30. Maybe some
of the problems are caused by broken or misconfigured hardware ... but
the rest of these phenomenons?

Werner