Re: Volume management on Linux with the ext2fs.

Christopher Horn (chorn@warwick.net)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 20:16:44 -0400

Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> I have been considering adding to Linux volume management
> capabilities, in the spirit of the IRIX volume management, where it is
> possible for a file system to span multiple devices.

There was a VPS project inspired by the LVM in AIX that aimed to
implement a volume management system. While it would have fallen short
the what AIX offers, it did sound like it would offer a great deal of
flexibility. Not sure if the project fizzled out though, but might be
worth looking into to see if anyone else has already started doing any
work.

Cheers,
Chris