Re: "Transmitter access conflict" with 2.0.30

Chris Evans (chris@ferret.lmh.ox.ac.uk)
Tue, 22 Apr 1997 14:40:55 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 22 Apr 1997, Thomas Koenig wrote:

> I'm currently getting lots of "eth0: transmitter access conflict" warning
> messages with 2.0.30 after some very intense networking stuff
> (printing a 15 Meg file from another box on a networked printer,
> and copying a file of similar size from another box at the same time).

Not this little problem again... I have it fixed by hacking the 3c59x
driver in an ugly way. Has anyone who has these 3c590 problems tried the
v0.40 driver? Does it fix the problem? To be sure, you would probably have
to put the machine under heavy Tx load for at least a few days. The load
our machine is under is sufficient to show the problem about twice a day
(without my dodgy patch), so I cannot risk an upgrade to v0.40 unless I
know it fixes the problem

Cheers,
Chris.