Re: Scroll-back buffers on the console

Mon, 21 Apr 1997 21:57:42 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Bas Mevissen wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The scroll-back buffers for the Linux console are implemented to use the
> video RAM. If you have a few virual text consoles open, you don't have any
> scroll back buffer anymore.

Nope, all the history is in the vram, _WHILE_ that VT is active. Only a
screen full is saved by the kernel when you switch away, so you only get
that reinstated.

> Now I would like to ask if there is a patch for that, or if someone is
> working on that.
>
> I'm willing to cooperate on such project for testing the code.

It's been discussed before, and you should look in a linux-kernel
archive for it.

> Bas.

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.