Re: 3c59x fails to work in 2.0.30

Aaron M. Ucko (amu@mit.edu)
19 Apr 1997 12:17:07 -0400

"David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu> writes:

> So, because v0.30 is the only version of the driver which works for
> you under 2.0.29 I should hold out on putting v0.40 into 2.0.31 until
> you find out why it doesn't work on your 2.0.29 system? If you're not
> willing to find out what the situation is with a 2.0.30 kernel, I'm
> going to put v0.40 into my patch sets for 2.0.31 since that is what
> all the stunning success reports for 2.0.30 are for, and that is what
> I must work on, reports from people using the driver under 2.0.30.

OK, I see your point. I'll do some more testing and get back to you.
It's possible that the solution may be as simple as disabling
busmastering transmission.

--
Aaron M. Ucko (amu@mit.edu) | For Geek Code, PGP public key, and other info,
finger amu@monk.mit.edu. | "Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous.