Re: [Fwd: Linux]

Todd Graham Lewis (lists@reflections.eng.mindspring.net)
Sat, 19 Apr 1997 12:25:53 -0400 (EDT)

On 19 Apr 1997, Aaron M. Ucko wrote:

> Linux supports full System V IPC. However, it does not, and probably
> never will, support TLI or STREAMS because both are inefficient
> without severe abstraction-barrier breakage.

There is an ongoing effort to implement Streams; kernel patches may be
found at:

ftp://ftp.gcom.com/pub/linux/src/streams-3-31-97/

A correction about SysV IPC has already been sent; if anyone knows
anything about a TLI effort, then please contact me.

Incidentally, I've taken it upon myself to answer any questions which
people on the informix newsgroup may have, so please redirect any
followups there or to me. (If anyone has any sort of objection to my
answering their questions or thinks someone else should be doing this,
then again please contact me personally.)

__
Todd Graham Lewis MindSpring Enterprises tlewis@mindspring.com