Re: 2.1.32 still won't boot

Sun, 6 Apr 1997 11:27:44 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 5 Apr 1997, Neil Moore wrote:

> I recently (i.e. about 30 minutes ago) tried upgrading from 2.1.29
> to 2.1.32. After I get the "Now booting the kernel." message,
> the console stops. I can still hear hard drive movement, and
> apparently *something* is happening -- if I let it go on long
> enough before I hit reset, the root partitions end up being
> marked as non-clean (forcing fsck on the next boot). Nothing
> goes to syslog though. It looks like it dies before init gets
> run, but I can't be sure.
>
> 2.1.31 had the same problem on my machine.

They both booted fine. The problem is that the VT code is now optional
(for embeded systems, and serial only consoled boxes), you need to go
through make config, and say yes to the CONFIG_VT questions.

[....]

> --
> -Neil Moore http://www.sfhs.floyd.k12.ky.us/~amethyst/
> (finger amethyst@valjean.sfhs.floyd.k12.ky.us for my Geek Code)

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.