Re: Miscellaneous compile problems in 2.1.31 - repost and additions

Philip Blundell (pjb27@cam.ac.uk)
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 19:12:37 +0100 (BST)

On 6 Apr 1997, Kohtala Marko wrote:

> Tom Zerucha <tz@execpc.com> writes:
>
> > ALSO, I think the default for the CONFIG_VT and CONFIG_VT_CONSOLE should
> > be 'Y' but aren't, so no console comes up if you simply let everything
> > default.
>
> Yes, if you use your old configuration as a basis, the old
> configuration did not have these options and by default makes them
> 'N'. If you start from the distributed default configuration, they
> should be 'Y'.

It would be good for somebody who has time to hack Configure so that "make
oldconfig" takes default values for new options from the defconfig file,
rather than just making them "N". Sadly, it's not an entirely trivial
change.

phil