Re: TCP Stall

Dave Wreski (tel1dvw@is.ups.com)
Sun, 6 Apr 1997 00:55:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 6 Apr 1997 bofh@snoopy.virtual.net.au wrote:
> When I FTP the latest Linux kernel
> source I get a pause in the transfer every few hundred K throughout the
> transfer.

Does this have anything to do with "(stalled)" being shown at the bottom
of the netscape window, even when transferring text, on a point-to-point
link? I can try and download a page from right off my ppp server, so I'm
on the same network, and occasionally there is 3-5 second delay in
transfer.

BTW, does our penguin have a name? I'm looking for a new name for my
machine. Is 'colpanic' as in Kernel panic a silly/stupid name for my
machine? (Hinting to a Colonel, if its not obvious...)

Dave