RE: [META] Draft: Linux kernel mailing list policy and FAQ Draft $Revision: 1.2 $

James Mastros (abszero@epix.net)
Fri, 4 Apr 1997 19:21:17 -0500

----------
From: kernelfaq@iconsult.com[SMTP:kernelfaq@iconsult.com]
Sent: Friday, April 04, 1997 4:31 PM
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu

Linux kernel mailing list policy and FAQ Draft $Revision: 1.2 $

[...]
Issues to resolve:

- Shall the FAQ be posted monthly, biweekly or weekly?
Biweekly, or possibly weekly by refrence (Sbj=Linux-kernel FAQ at www.foo.com)
- Shall the FAQ be sent to new subscribers of the mailing list?
YES!!!
- I have to read up on the official quoting for URLs in plain text.
I would use <URL:http://www.foo.com>
- I have perform some more research on online resources.
- Shall there be an abbreviated version of this FAQ just containing
section one? IMO people are easily scared by documents longer
than a few pages.
No. If somebody wants to kernel-hack, they should be used to reading long booring documentation.
- Shall this article be posted to comp.os.linux.answers regulary?
Yes, also submit it to rtfm.mit.edu and post reguraly on news.answers

--- James Mastros