Re: URGENT: A Plea to the owners of linux.dev.kernel

Jan Klabacka (jkl@telenor.cz)
Thu, 3 Apr 1997 08:36:56 +0100

I am also sometimes tired with high amount of messages in this list,
caused also by below mentioned problem.

My point of view is easy. If no one will respond for off-topic
questions (or respond with "please, go somewhere else, this is
off-topic question"), these people will disappear themselves.

Regards

Jan Klabacka

On 2 Apr 97 at 14:15, Dave Barr wrote:

> In article <199704021759.MAA00370@jenolan.caipgeneral>,
> David S. Miller <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu> wrote:
> >I think it is just as much of a mistake to tell a new user to go blow
> >even if he posts his legitimate questions here.
>
> Nobody's suggesting this. I agree new users may have legitimate
> questions, but it's clear (see below) that they do not have legitimate
> questions _here_. All we're asking is that they be nudged elsewhere.
>
> >As for the offtopic'ness as of late, the past few days have been
> >filled with "clueful postings" and in fact your posting here is the
> >first break in that spell. Touche'
>
> Well, to further confuse the issue with some facts, let's in fact
> look at the subjects of the past 3 days, shall we?

Removed