RE: Office packages

Derrik Pates (dpates@Cavern.NMSU.Edu)
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 09:00:06 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, James Mohr wrote:

> You can find it here: ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/staroffice. Be prepared to spent a lot of time downloading.

I have downloaded each of the betas of StarOffice, and used a copy of the
Moo-Tiff Motif 2.0 libs. StarOffice's apps never run tho. Every time I try
to start any of them besides its office bar, they show the splashscreen,
then pop up a little tiny window that says 'Segmentation Fault - Closing
Application'. Has anyone seen this before? I'd love to abandon MS Windoze
altogether at home, but I can't get this package to run, and I'm out of
ideas.

P.S.: (a) I know this it totally non-kernel-related. (b) I know I should
not continue it on the list. (c) In spite of (a) and (b), it's going, and
there are people who know something about it, so it seemed to be the right
time to ask. Sorry. :)

Derrik Pates
dpates@cavern.nmsu.edu

"What'll you two lovable plush toys have?"
"How 'bout a root beer popsicle and an Orange Julius? What about you,
Max?"
"Dishwater! And put it in a dirty glass!"
-Sam & Max
"Fair Wind to Java"