RE: Office packages

James Mohr (jimmo@blitz.net)
Thu, 20 Mar 1997 21:15:45 +-100

You can find it here: ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/apps/staroffice. Be prepared to spent a lot of time downloading.

Regards,

jimmo

----------
From: Lloyd Sumpter[SMTP:Lloyd.Sumpter@BCHydro.bc.ca]
Sent: Dienstag, 18. Marz 1997 14:03
To: James Mohr
Cc: 'Kevin Littlejohn'; linux-apps@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: RE: Office packages

On Tue, 18 Mar 1997, James Mohr wrote:

>happening in the Linux world. First, several weeks ago, Caldera signed
>an agreement with StarDivision (the developers of StarOffice) to be the
>sole, world-wide distributors of StarOffice for Linux. I am running the
>Beta of StarOffice 3.1 for Linux and it is GREAT!! It is as
>full-featured as anything I can image and the fact that it runs on Linux
>makes it obviously more stable than M$-Office.

Sounds great!

>for Linux, as well. Even before that, they are completely compatable, so
>you have the same apps running on Window$ as you do Linux. Plus, the
>Linux version is *free* for non-commercial uses.

Where (or when) can I get a copy? (I assume you're talking about
3.1 right now - that would be excellent)

> All three of the packages can talk to their M$ counterparts (except
the Office 97 versions).

Just what I was looking for!

Lloyd Sumpter E-MAIL: Lloyd.Sumpter@bchydro.bc.ca
Control and Communications Design or: lsumpter@portal.ca
BC Hydro, Vancouver, CANADA PHONE: (604) 528-3078
All opinions are mine, all mine MINE! MINE! MINE! Bwahahahahahaha!!!