Re: Oops in 2.1.28... (while stress testing :-)

Mon, 10 Mar 1997 21:19:27 +0000 (GMT)

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Matthew Kirkwood wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Patrick Schaaf wrote:
>
> > > I tried it on /proc and got more Oopses (in proc_lookupfd) than
> > > you could shake a big stick at. I'm currently trying it on /usr
> > > to see if it's a general thing, with no problems so far.
> >
> > The oops is easily reproduced by 'cat /proc/misc', at least on this machine.
> > Kernel is plain 2.1.28, no top or other things running. And the beast looks
> > stable in all other regards.
>
> Hmm... For little or no reason, I don't actually _have_ a /proc/misc.
>
> Matthew.

hmm, mine sais:
UWVSþ|$ þt$,¡TXAþD$ÇD$þì
UWVSþ|$ þt$,¡TXAþD$ÇD$þì
UWVSþ|$ þt$,¡TXAþD$ÇD$þì
UWV
Sþ|$ þt$,¡TXAþD$ÇD$þì
UWVSþ|$ þt$,¡TXAþD$ÇD$þì

You get the picture ....

I only just booted, and haven't really done anything yet. The kernel is a
stock 2.1.28 (with tty fix).

Hmm, my log say this:
Mar 10 21:08:35 gytha kernel: Exception at [<c0161aa1>] (c0181563)
Mar 10 21:08:35 gytha last message repeated 17 times

Which one of these is important from a System.map point of view ? Oh well
here they are:

c01618e4 T proc_base_init
c0161994 t proc_file_read
c0161afc t proc_file_write
c0161b58 t proc_file_lseek

and:
c0180278 T vsprintf
c018069c T sprintf
c0181d29 ? common_fixup
c0181d34 ? src_access_fault

Hmm, seems to me the first is the important one, but ...

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.