Re: sound/gus problems

Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi)
Mon, 10 Mar 1997 16:36:57 +0200 (EET)

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, Jan Hubicka wrote:

> Hi
> I justcompiled 2.1.28 kernel with new sound driver. and I ran into problems.
> First after starting gmos driver crashed computer and said that dma -1
> can not be allocated(or something similiar)
> so I reconfigured kernel for duplex (11,6,
> gmod started fine..some mods sonds welll but some s3m/xm really ugly(and
> different that at earlier versions)
> digital sound sucks(mikmod/koules wont work and driver says abou dma
> times out..) - playes just for about half an second with ticks.
> Everything worked fine at 2.0.x series and ealier.
> After updatin of driver for new memcpy_tofs I god problems-dma times out,
> longer mods was played incorrectly..this was almost fixed by prerelease
> of driver
> that was not added into kernel.. but now problems are back..
> is there some sollution?
Currently the GUS driver is rather broken and it doesn't work very well. I
will fix it after finishing rewrite of dmabuf.c. It should be ready within
couple of months. Until that the only solution is to use Linux 2.0.29.

Best regards,

Hannu
------
Hannu Savolainen (hannu@voxware.pp.fi, hannu@4front-tech.com)