Re: Unable to handle kernel paging request in 2.0.[89]

Terran D Lane (terran@ecn.purdue.edu)
Fri, 28 Feb 1997 14:14:45 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Zarmfab Software Development wrote:

> Has anybody else observed that the reproduceable oopses in 2.0[89] only
> happen with ip-forwarding compiled in ?
>
> i made 2 nearly identical 2.0.29 kernels, the only difference is the one
> was compiled with CONFIG_IP_FORWARD, the other without.
>
> The first one, ( with forwarding ) oopses reproduceable under high nfs-load,
> the other one looks pretty stable.

That's an interesting data point. I, also, have been noticing oopses
(a whole thread on this occurred in the axp-linux mailing list a
couple of weeks ago, but died without resolution.) I have
IP-forwarding compiled in my kernel, but I don't use NFS. The oopses
seem to occur to me when running X (but not repeatably so). Has been
a while since I got the oopses, but I also haven't run X either
lately... I'm running 2.0.28, and can provide logs/config info from
the incidents if it would be of help to anybody.

--
Terran Lane   email=terran@ecn.purdue.edu
              WWW=http://purcell.ecn.purdue.edu/~terran/