Re: lilo vga=ask??

Neptho (neptho@hagan.reno.nv.us)
Mon, 24 Feb 1997 02:46:07 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 24 Feb 1997, Charlie Ross wrote:

> BUT!!! wait! theres more! I may actually have a kernel bug/wierdness/odity
> here...
>
> very last .7 of a line appears to be displaying a line in my scroll-back
> buffer... I think it is the TOP line of the scroll-back buffer... although
> I have not verified this for every case.. it might be somthing from a
> completely different vt untill I fill my buffer...
> but it is always there...

Welcome to the world of S3 video cards. I suggest you get SVGATextMode,
for it has a fixvidmode for this specific problem (cannot remember the
name, havent used it since slack 2.3)...

Cheers,
Shawn

:. http://neptho.needs.a.lobotomy.com/~Neptho `:::::
:::. I do not think of it as a bug so much as a `:::
:::::. limitation in the perfection of the universe `: