Re: noatime patch for 2.1.26 from hacker-wannabe

Kelly French (targon@hazmat.com)
Sun, 23 Feb 1997 19:53:19 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 23 Feb 1997, Jon Lewis wrote:

> Which noatime patch are you using in 2.0.2x? I'm using
> coneill@premier.net's patch and don't see what you're seeing. i.e.

The patch for 2.0.2x is the one from www.ecsnet.com. It does not have
this problem because ext2 parses the option by itself. ext2 calls the
same function (parse_options) for both read_super and remoun. Try using
noexec instead. noexec is parsed by fs/super.c. Note that noexec may
work for you anyhow. I can't really test noexec because I have 1
partition (and thus can't run mount again if noexec works :-)

My problem was with 2.1.26 (as noted in the subject). I don't know which
2.1.x included noatime in fs/super.c, but it did change from the 2.0.x
kernels though.