Re: RC5 Challenge - Linux at Top

Nathan Bryant (nathan@burgessinc.com)
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 15:11:08 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, David Sowder wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Nathan Bryant wrote:
>
> > There's nothing phony going on. The RC5 challenge has been going on for a
> > while; recently somebody on the LinuxNET IRC network proposed that we
> > should all set our clients to be from linux@linuxnet.org, and if we win
> > the money will be donated to LI.
>
> [snip]
>
> > Sources are available for the RC5 keyspace-search client. You should read
> > the source before you worry about it uploading your password file.
>
> Where are can I get a copy of sources from and/or where can I found out how to
> get the sources for the RC5 keyspace-search client?
>
> AltaVista wasn't telling me if it knew.

Sorry! I spoke too soon. I'd thought that somebody mentioned the sources
were available, but I was wrong. :( They aren't available for
export-control reasons, and because somebody could modify them to send
crap to the server.

I've heard talk, though, that they may be available tomorrow. We shall
see.

Let's take this thread off linux-kernel, folks, okay?

> --
> David R. Sowder sowderd@swau.edu davids@jci.net
> Assistant Director of Information Services JCINet System Administrator
> Southwestern Adventist University Johnson County Internet Services
> http://www.swau.edu/~sowderd/homepage.html http://www.jci.net/~davids/

| Nathan Bryant | Unsolicited commercial e-mail WILL be |
| nathan@burgessinc.com | charged an $80/hr proofreading fee. |