Re: Memory/cpu limits.

Gerry S Hayes (sumner@CMU.EDU)
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 00:33:15 -0500 (EST)

Ian main <imain@vcc.bc.ca> writes:
> I'm sorry, I know this has been brought up many times before, but I was
> just wondering what the state of memory limits are? I know they don't
> work on my 2.0.29.. are they fixed in 2.1 ?
>
> I think it makes more sense to have CPU and memory limits working than
> process limits.. I mean... that's what we're trying to prevent,
> consumption of resources.

You must have some sort of configuration error; memory and CPU limits
work fine in 2.0.29. Note that you need to set the limits; something
like lshell (from sunsite, /pub/Linux/system/mumblemumble) is the
easiest way to do this for all shells. That's not a kernel issue,
though, so either private e-mail (I'd be willing to help you get it
set up) or comp.os.linux.setup is the best forum for discussion.

Cordially,

Sumner