Re: Adaptec AHA-2920 PCI SCSI host adapter? supported?

Ion Badulescu (ionut@moisil.wal.rhno.columbia.edu)
Sun, 16 Feb 1997 03:18:48 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 15 Feb 1997, Derrik Pates wrote:

> I've heard people trying to get AHA-2940 series PCI SCSI host adapters
> working, but I have not heard whether or not the AHA-2920 SCSI host
> adapter is supported. I believe it uses an AIC-7800-series controller
> chip, but I'd like to hear from anyone who has gotten one to work/found
> that it doesn't work/has anything else useful to tell me.

The 2920 uses a Future Domain chip, not an AIC chip. The driver for Future
Domain 16xx claims to support it (no first-hand experience, though).

Ionut

--
  It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool,
            than to open it and remove all doubt.