Re: kernel stack overflow profiler.. two very long oopses

Leonard N. Zubkoff (lnz@dandelion.com)
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 22:42:02 -0800

Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 06:04:38 +0100 (MET)
From: "Michael L. Galbraith" <mikeg@mikeg.weiden.de>

> i will try to trade my Adaptec for a BusLogic as soon as possible ...

I figured that this driver would _eventually_ get fixed since sooo many
people have 2940s (tried/ka-booom)... even whimpered politely to author.

but if I do...

Will I then run into that nasty sector mapping problem?

No, moving from Adaptec to BusLogic is safe in that regard. Adaptec supports
64/32 and 255/63 mappings, whereas BusLogic uses 64/32, 128/32, and 255/63.
BusLogic will adopt the existing partition table geometry if it's one of the
three it supports, so a disk partitioned on Adaptec can always be used. At
worst, you'll get a warning from the driver that it is adopting the existing
geometry.

Leonard