Re: IDE Disk Problems

JHazard (jdhazard@texas.net)
Wed, 12 Feb 1997 19:57:16 -0600

My company recently received around a 100 HPs with Western Digital 1.6s
in them. Just a guestimate, however, I believe that around 15-20% of
them have had drive problems withing the first two months. These are
mostly running NT, however the one in my area is running Linux and i
suspect it too is having problems. I've basically lost both of my
bootable Linux partions once (at diffrent times...) due to drive errors.

Now my WD 1.6 at home as never caused me a problem with any operating
system.