Re: The file that kills linux tcpb

Egor Egorov (lkernel@fastware.kiev.ua)
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 17:30:46 -0300 (GMT+3)

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Foo Chun Choong wrote:

> What happens to linux TCP if network connectivity is temporarily lost,
> let's say for a few seconds? Existing TCP connections seem to die off
> when network connectivity is lost for more than 15 seconds, and never
> recover onwards (tested with 1.3.55, not sure newer kernels exhibit this
> problem or not).
> This is important because wireless interfaces may be temporarily out of
> radio coverage and lose network connectivity for that time period.

After the connection is up, you can say "ifconfig device up", and ping all
the connections. Seems that it's all right here.
As for me, I use radio interface, and there was no problem.

> Is there any documentation on the net regarding the implementation of
> Linux's TCP/IP stack, particularly the TCP portion?

/usr/src/linux/...

> CCFoo

Cleanwater system administrator egor@fastware.kiev.ua
Egor Egorov is powered by Linux - the choice of a GNU generation.
Egor Egorov at 2:463/1161@fidonet.org