Re: FW: Problems with semaphores

Juhani Rautiainen (jrauti@sasu1.carelian.fi)
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 13:34:41 +0200

On Tue, 4 Feb 1997, Jose Mauricio Alvarez Henao wrote:

> Hello :
>
> I am installing Oracle 7.1.6 for SCO Unix 3.2v4.2 in a Linux box running kernel 2.0.27. It installed very well, but when I try to startup the Oracle system appears this message :
>
> ORA-07265 : sppst : semop error, unable to increment semaphore.
> AT&T System V/386 Error : 34 : result too large.

I recently installed oracle 7.1.4 in my machine and I ran into same
problem. It took me few hours to trace the problem and what helped me
was following change in linux/ipc/sem.c (this is against 2.0.18).
Same change will also work in 2.0.28 (linenumber may differ).
This is quick and dirty hack but it seems to work.

463c463
< val = arg.val;

---
>               val = (ushort) arg.val;

> Thanks in Advance > > Mauricio Alvarez > Hope this helps,

Juhani Rautiainen