Re: 3Com 3x90x series network cards.

DUPRE Christophe (duprec@JSP.UMontreal.CA)
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 15:10:01 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 2 Feb 1997, Dan Merillat wrote:

> Hey, I was trying to get a 3c590 PCI card, and ended up with a 3x900 PCI
> network card. Does this actually work? It's called an "etherlink XL"
>
> I grepped for XL and 900 in /Documentation and /drivers/net and came up blank.
>
> Anyway, the main chip on it is
> 3Com
> 40-0336-003
> 9625K 17175404
> AT&T 40-03363
>
> Anyway, a couple questions:
>
> Is this supported? I ended up putting a 3c509 in instead because this
> server needed to be up pronto.

3Com900 are really good cards. Support is included in the latest release
of the 3c59x driver (not in the kernel AFAIK). Read the Ethernet-HOWTO to
see the FTP site.

Christophe Dupre Universite de Montreal
Montreal, Qc, Canada
"Nous ne sommes pas libres de ne pas etre libres, nous sommes obliges de
l'etre" - Fernando Savater

#include <disclaimer.h>