Re: Runtime library

Jon Lewis (jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net)
Sat, 1 Feb 1997 23:03:18 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 1 Feb 1997, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> Anyway I am happy to report that the new malloc()/Free() in libc-5.4.17 DOES
> return contiguous RAM to the kernel when free() is called. This was an
> important fix. Anybody having trouble with memory "leaks" is advised to
> re-link their possible "leakers" with the new library.

Interesting. Anyone know if this explains my experience with innd 1.4
unoff4? Linked with libc 4.7.6, the innd process would get huge
(40-60mb), linked with libc 5.4.17, I've not seen it top 24mb...same
system, same news conditions.

Jon Lewis <jlewis@fdt.net> | Unsolicited commercial e-mail will
Network Administrator | be proof-read for $199/hr.
________Finger jlewis@inorganic5.fdt.net for PGP public key_______