Re: Recovered errors on ide1

Dale Scheetz (dwarf@polaris.net)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 19:13:34 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 29 Jan 1997, Matt Sapp wrote:

> > As these errors showed up after the last big push to fix the CMD640 code,
> > I can only conclude that this is where the problem is. Any folks have a
> > better idea than "the drives broke"?
>
> Have you tried compiling a kernel without CMD640 support? If so, are the
> errors still there? I think that next logical step, as it isn't the drives,
> would be to try w/o the support for that driver, and if it is fixed, report
> your findings to whomever is updating the CMD640 support.

My past experience with leaving off the CMD640 support was that the second
ide controler either didn't work at all, or resulted in a corrupted file
system almost immediately. There is no alternate chip set to drive this
second controler, so I've not been too surprised.

Thanks,

Dwarf

aka Dale Scheetz Phone: 1 (904) 656-9769
Flexible Software 11000 McCrackin Road
e-mail: dwarf@polaris.net Tallahassee, FL 32308