Re: 2.1.22 name space analysis

Hans Lermen (lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de)
Wed, 29 Jan 1997 01:28:02 +0100 (MET)

and on Mon, 27 Jan 1997 23:49:40 GMT Alan Cox wrote:

> Not a good idea for the net code as their are some chunks ahead that
> will cause small changes but large scale noise.

Perhaps we can have a compromise. What about regulary 'calm down phases'
instead of 'freeze phases', e.g. every 5 releases, including anouncements
when these phases start and stop.
Durings these 'calm down phases' there could be bug fixes, minor code
changes and 'face lifting', but no addition of 'big' chunks of new stuff.

Hans
<lermen@fgan.de>