Re: sound_calls.h and soundcard.c in 2.1.23

Michael Harnois (mharnois@sbt.net)
26 Jan 1997 18:34:48 -0600

"David S. Miller" <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu> writes:

> This is due to the move from select() --> poll() as being the default
> internal implementation for the kernel. Linus and myself tackled just
> about everything, the only parts we missed were the ISDN and sound
> driver select instances, they were much too hairy to figure out for me
> at the time, sorry.

I don't think you need to apologize; you work your, uh, posterior off
on this. But can you give us some idea when there may be a fix?

+ Michael D. Harnois + It is easier to make a saint out of +
+ Pastor, computer nerd, + a libertine than out of a prig. +
+ Linux user, Havanese owner + +
+ mharnois@sbt.net + --Santayana +