Re: module dependencies

Wayne Brown (wbrown@jacques.ebicom.net)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 11:13:40 -0600 (CST)

rse-3@juno.com wrote:

> When I boot, I get a message about the 2.0.28 modules. I recently upgrade
> 2.0.0 to 2.0.28. When I rename /lib/modules/2.0.0 to /lib/modules/2.0.28
> I get the message that the modules were compiled on 2.0.0 and cannot be
> used on 2.0.28. What are these modules and where do I get the 2.0.28
> ones?

When you compile a new kernel, you also need to compile the modules that go
with it. Go into the same source directory where you compiled the kernel
and do this:

make modules
make modules_install
depmod -a

This will put the new modules in /lib/modules/2.0.28 for you. (You should
be running the 2.0.28 kernel when you do the depmod -a.)

--
"When your tail's in a crack you improvise, if you're good enough.
 Otherwise you give your pelt to the trapper."  -- John Myers Myers

Wayne Brown wbrown@jacques.ebicom.net