Re: Packaged Kernel

Neptho T. (Neptho@neptho.unixgeek.com)
Sat, 25 Jan 1997 05:27:52 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 25 Jan 1997, W. Reilly Cooley wrote:

> No, no, no. I'm not asking you to upgrade to NCFTP, nor am I suggesting
> that a packed kernel also use NCFTP. I'm just making a functionality
> command-line-get support could take substantially less. Let's call this
> monster "inst_ftp", and recall that it is a *tiny* binary--with no

Same prob as I stated earlier.. that requires root to install more
progams, and most of them I have encountered (efnet, linuxnet, wasteland)
wont even read a readme, and wer're going to just let them loose with
this? Sounds a bit more than many have the
intelligence^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hpower to handle.

- Nep