RE: NetBEUI support

Michael Nelson (mikenel@netcom.com)
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 14:17:34 -0500

Actually, NetBEUI and NetBIOS are both IBM creations.

-mike

-----Original Message-----
From: W. Reilly Cooley [SMTP:wcooley@navi.net]
Sent: Thursday, January 23, 1997 3:04 AM
To: linux-kernel@vger.rutgers.edu
Subject: NetBEUI support {linux-kernel}

I have noticed that there are no packages for NetBEUI, just SMP over
TCP/IP or IPX. I also noted that someone mentioned that NetBEUI is a MS
proprietary interface.

Have I inferred correctly that what is meant here is that NetBEUI is that
to develop NetBEUI support requires a license for MS, and that is why
there is no support, and hence there WILL be no NetBEUI support?

W. Reilly Cooley
The Naked Ape Consulting
1509 NE 10th Ave., #104 Portland, OR 979232
503 287-2165
wcooley@navi.net
http://www.navi.net/~wcooley

A horse walks into a bar and the bartender says, "Hey, why the long
face?"