Re: A packaged kernel

Illuminati Primus (vermont@gate.net)
Wed, 22 Jan 1997 07:58:26 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 22 Jan 1997, Stuart Stegall wrote:

> maybe something along the lines of a specialized linux-kernel cvs??

Yes, something along those lines..

> seriously ... i think this would actually cause more head aches for all of
> us than u would believe

Yes, it would probably be a bit hard to move over to a different system,
but with so much development to the kernel, I sometimes wonder how Linus
can keep up with it (and now he has a little girl too).. It might help out
in the end if in the next set of development kernels something like this
was tried out.. This way things that Linus didnt have time for or was
hesitant to implement could be put off in their own section (well as much
as possible), and have instructions about how to report bugs with that
part of the code (mailing lists, maintainer's addresses's, etc).. I'd
really like to see GGI & PC speaker sound in the main kernel, from what I
have read, they sound like great add ons.

-vermont@gate.net