Busmice on ATI video cards (was: Re: Mono terminal patches...)

Tue, 21 Jan 1997 14:03:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 21 Jan 1997, ADAM Sulmicki wrote:

> By the way, the forementioned gfx card is "ATI Graphics Ultra +" w/ mouse
> attached to it. The mouse itself is an 9pin inport Microsfot Bus mouse. It
> works fine under dos, but for nothing in world I can't get it to run under
> Linux, I can quote from memory the BUSMOUSE-HOWTO, I have removed
> everything from the comp, but the gfx card and hdd controller (and
> motherboard) build minimal kernel (w/ just ext2fs and the mouse support)
> tried it on all irq's, yet it refuses to work. Tried to compile kernel /w
> diff irq than the default irq 5, tried it under other devices than the
> /dev/whatever_it_is_called_in_your_distrubution c 10,2
>
> Thus question, does anyone know someone having the "ATI Graphic Ultra+" w/
> (and preferably w/ the mouse working?)

Hmm, have you tried this (from Configure.help):

ATIXL busmouse support
CONFIG_ATIXL_BUSMOUSE
This is a rare type of busmouse that is connected to the back of an
ATI video card. Note that most ATI mice are actually Microsoft
busmice. Read the Busmouse-HOWTO, available via ftp (user:
anonymous) in sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO. If you want to
compile this as a module ( = code which can be inserted in and
removed from the running kernel whenever you want), say M here and
read Documentation/modules.txt. If you are unsure, say N and read
the HOWTO nevertheless: it will tell you what you have.

I don't know if it'll help, I don't have any of this hardware, but ...

> -Adam

Bryn

--
PGP key pass phrase forgotten,   \ Overload -- core meltdown sequence
again :( and I don't care ;)      |            initiated.