Re: Mono terminal patches...

Erik Walthinsen (omega@julie.teleport.com)
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 23:28:34 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 20 Jan 1997, Erik Walthinsen wrote:

Time to ammend my comments... <g>

> But when it was working it was running kernels up to around 2.0.25,
> maybe .26, with IRQ 5, primary address, "ATI-XL" driver.
> . . .
> Device was inportbm though, I think.
Well... Here's what the atixlmouse.c file has:

#define ATIXL_MOUSE_IRQ 5 /* H/W interrupt # set up on ATIXL board */
#define ATIXL_BUSMOUSE 3 /* Minor device # (mknod c 10 3 /dev/bm) */
#define ATIXL_MSE_DATA_PORT 0x23d
#define ATIXL_MSE_SIGNATURE_PORT 0x23e
#define ATIXL_MSE_CONTROL_PORT 0x23c

This looks like the secondary address to me. 0x23c is what shows in the
program, the other being 0x23f. Check to see what the program says and
either change it there or modify the kernel code (I'd reprogram the card
myself... <eg>) But the device is /dev/atibm (under slackware),
major/minor of 10/3...

Dunno, maybe someone should fix the code so it autoprobes? Or are there
just too few people out there with ATI cards that come with mice...? At
least some kind of documentation would be in order, though where it should
go escapes me... linux/Documentation/atimouse.txt?

> Yup. Said something like "ATI mouse detected".
atixlmouse.c has:

printk("Bus mouse detected and installed.\n");

TTYAL,
Omega

Erik Walthinsen - Programmer, webmaster, 3D artist, etc. __
__ / /\
/ \ omega@sequent.com Work: (503)578-5314 / / \
| | M E G A omega@teleport.com Home: (503)281-4281 / / /\ \
_\ /_ psu12113@odin.cc.pdx.edu Majoring in CS / / /\ \ \