Re: 2.1.21 patches for a clean compile

Hans Lermen (lermen@elserv.ffm.fgan.de)
Thu, 16 Jan 1997 15:06:50 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 16 Jan 1997, Christian Kirsch wrote:

> Alan Cox wrote:
> >
> > I'm much more concerned about having _correct_ drivers than ones that happen
> > to compile.
>
> This is a very subtle and fine point that I'm probably not intelligent enough to understand: A
> driver that fails to compile but still works. Mut be something virtual ;-)

Alan is very good in saying 'all' with an absolute minimum of words. ;-)

A driver that has been proven to be _correct_ implies beeing successfully
compiled. However, a driver that just successfully compiles does _not_
imply beeing correct (though it may).

So, nothing 'virtual', just pure logic.

Hans
<lermen@fgan.de>