Re: modutils, the next generation

Tim Wright (timw@sequent.com)
Wed, 15 Jan 1997 11:05:11 PST

Martin,
you can call me paranoid, but if you have a random object file and you don't
know what it is, I'd question your sanity if you think it's a good idea to
just insmod it regardless of the name (.o/.klm/.destroy_my_machine) :-)

Surely you keep your kernel modules in a (secure) well known location ???

--
Tim Wright, Worldwide Technical Services,         |  Email: timw@sequent.com
Sequent Computer Systems Inc., 15450,             |