Re: modutils, the next generation

Martin Buck (Martin-2.Buck@student.uni-ulm.de)
Tue, 14 Jan 97 10:42 MET

On Jan 13, 15:16, Greg Alexander wrote:
> There isn't really anything all that special about them. They are in .o
> format, they have .o headers, they are compiled with the same commands you'd
> use to make any other .o file, etc, etc. So far as anyone really cares,
> they're .o's. :)

Of course they're .o's, but being able to load them into a running Linux
kernel seems to be a very special property, IMHO. I can't remember being
able to do this with all the .o's I've found on my disk.

Martin

--
/* Martin Buck                      E-Mail: martin-2.buck@student.uni-ulm.de */
/* Student of electrical engineering   WWW: http://www.uni-ulm.de/~s_mbuck1/ */