aic7xxx and tapse (Was Re: How to force a kernel panic ?)

James V. Di Toro III (karrde@gats.hampton.va.us)
Mon, 13 Jan 1997 07:15:28 -0500 (EST)

On Sat, 11 Jan 1997, Richard B. Johnson wrote:

> I have no problem making my kernel panic. I use the aic7xxx SCSI driver.
> I just try to use a SCSI tape-drive <death>. Maybe someone will fix this
> sometime so I won't have to backup across the network to another machine
> that uses the same tape drive sucessfully.

What's the deal on this? I recently installed a AHA-2940 Ultra
and a Python 28388-XXX in a system, and have not had any problems.

James V. Di Toro III | "I've got a bad feeling / |_| \/\
System Administrator, GATS, Inc.| about This" -various |()\ / ||
karrde@gats.hampton.va.us | www.gats.hampton.va.us \ / \ /
webmaster@gats.hampton.va.us | ^:::^