Re: Content of Kernel mailing list

Michael Ballbach (ballbach@lorien.ml.org)
Fri, 10 Jan 1997 08:10:41 -0700 (MST)

I just had a thought about this mailing list, and I hope you don't mind.
:) I understand how you guys are mad about the content of this newsgroup,
and that is understandable, but what you people have to realise is that
not everyone is good with the kernel, from a codeing point of view. I love
linux, use it at home, and have put a server up here at school, my purpose
of being on this list is to learn, and part of that learning is asking
questions, especially if they are kernel related, surely people may be
able to moderate there sends to this list better, but cut us a little
slack, sooner or later you guys wontr be around, and someone will have to
work on this. :) Not to be a doom bringer, I'm just saying that this list
should be open to some questions some times, how else are we going to
learn? I know c fairly well, but not well enough to program for the
kernel, and I think a lot of people are in this boat. :) I'll get off my
soapbox. imho. :)

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, William Burrow wrote:

> On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Adam D. Bradley wrote:
>
> > remember not long ago a 2.1.# kernel kernel release had a bug report
> > posted to the list before Linus's announcement could clear the list ;-)
> > A little bit of redundancy comes with the territory...it's a classic
> > data synchronization problem, I suppose. (Anyone want to see topical
> > semaphores installed on the mailing list?)
>
> I think better user e-mail software might be the answer: tin handles
> newsgroup threads the way I like anyway; Pine does not handle either
> newsgroups or e-mail threads as well as tin does. Would seem to be a
> userland issue. ;) :)
>
> --
> William Burrow -- Fredericton Area Network, New Brunswick, Canada
> Copyright 1997 William Burrow
> This line left intentionally blank.
> And the one below it.

Michael A. Ballbach: N0ZTQ
ballbach@lorien.ml.org
http://lorien.ml.org/~ballbach/index.html

"You earth people have glorified violence for centuries, but imprisoned
those who do so separately." -- Spock