Re: Content of Kernel mailing list

William Burrow (aa126@fan.nb.ca)
Thu, 9 Jan 1997 23:25:40 -0400 (AST)

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Adam D. Bradley wrote:

> remember not long ago a 2.1.# kernel kernel release had a bug report
> posted to the list before Linus's announcement could clear the list ;-)
> A little bit of redundancy comes with the territory...it's a classic
> data synchronization problem, I suppose. (Anyone want to see topical
> semaphores installed on the mailing list?)

I think better user e-mail software might be the answer: tin handles
newsgroup threads the way I like anyway; Pine does not handle either
newsgroups or e-mail threads as well as tin does. Would seem to be a
userland issue. ;) :)

--
William Burrow  --  Fredericton Area Network, New Brunswick, Canada
Copyright 1997 William Burrow