Re: to beep or not to beep...

Neptho T. (Neptho@hagan.reno.nv.us)
Wed, 8 Jan 1997 22:28:11 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 9 Jan 1997, Hirling Endre wrote:

> I've run into the following not severe but annoying problem while using
> Linux at night in a student hostel: I couldn't find a simple way to
> disable all sounds(beeps) that sounds e.g. when I mistype a filename and
> press tab to complete it.

Take a look at sunsite patches directory, it has a "beep-0.1.tar.gz" or
very close, it will require a hand patch, as it is for an older kernel, I
personally havent used it... a simple disable of the port 0x60 (speaker)
would be easiest, but I am not familiar with the gas AT&T assembler
syntax, so I dont really have a quick fix off my head.

- Neptho

---
Who really needs a .sig, esp when /home just died?