Re: Display and keyboard drivers configuration option for embedded

Olaf Titz (olaf@bigred.inka.de)
08 Jan 1997 22:33:04 +0100

Off topic, but...

Philip Blundell <pjb27@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> to do a driver so that you could plug a second keyboard into your PS/2
> mouse port. Quite what you'd do with it then, I'm not sure, but I imagine
> people will think of something, given a sufficiently sick imagination. I

You can plug up to 6 keyboards onto a Macintosh. Apparently nobody
from that camp has had sufficiently sick imagination by now, as I'm
unaware of even multi-user games to be played with two keyboards on the
Mac. (Although it would be rather simple.)

As a Mac can also support more than one monitor, it could even be made
into a multi-terminal. Would need a new keyboard/mouse driver though,
that differentiates input from the different ADB devices.

olaf

--
___        Olaf.Titz@inka.de or @{stud,informatik}.uni-karlsruhe.de       ____
__ o           <URL:http://www.inka.de/~bigred/>     <IRC:praetorius>