Re: How to increat [sic.] max open files?

James L. McGill (fishbowl@fotd.netcomi.com)
Tue, 7 Jan 1997 05:11:51 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 6 Jan 1997, Dean Gaudet wrote:

> > Agreed. Ther reason that an HTTPD server must run as one big process
> > is because it must bind all those addresses to one port: 80.
>
> If you are using ip-based vhosts then you can use BindAddress to bind to
> specific IPs, at the cost of 1 fd per vhost. This would allow you to run
> multiple httpd parents on the same machine.

Good grief, it works. Thank you. You have saved me a great
deal of effort. It is no longer crucial to increase the number
of FD's.

--
g-r-a-t-e-f-u-l-l-y---[   email:<fishbowl@conservatory.com>   ]---l-i-v-i-n-g
d-e-a-d-i-c-a-t-e-d---[ http://www.conservatory.com/~fishbowl ]-----l-i-g-h-t